WARNING – Your
system comes with a safety pin and tamper-seal tag in place. This
safety pin is not to be removed until the Cable is completely
installed. Read instructions completely before installing.
- A. Best position for all types of vehicles.
- B. Best alternative to position "A".
- C. Satisfactory.
- D. NOT RECOMMENDED. System will not function at maximum effectiveness under
extreme braking conditions.
- E. NOT RECOMMENDED. System will not function at maximum effectiveness if valve
Cable Mounting Instructions
- Remote cables must be installed in a manner so they are protected from damage
due to mechanical failure of other vehicle components or a collision.
- Be sure no bend radius is less than six inches.
- CAUTION: Protect cable from crimping or kinking.
- Be sure to use a SOLID mounting bracket for the handle as it takes a FIRM
pull to actuate the system.
- The unit is shipped with a safety pin tin place to prevent
accidental discharge. This pin should also be used in transporting or storing
vehicle. CAUTION: When using the cable, the system will not fire when safety
pin in place.
- Drill hole in dash or bracket and tread cable through hole and tighten washer
and nut to the backside of dash or bracket. (
- Back out set screw so cable housing can be inserted into cable housing hole.
- Insert cable end (Figure #3) into cable
housing hole in activating head (Figure #1).
BE CERTAIN CABLE HOUSING IS COMPLETELY TO THE BOTTOM OF THE HOLE
(figure # 2). Tighten screw to insure cable
remains firmly attached to the activating head.
- Be certain 1" cable extension (Figure #3)
passes through the plunger (Figure #2)
located in center of activating head. This can be checked by seeing if "T" handle
is butted securely against cable shaft (Figure #4).
- Secure excess cable to roll cage, etc. with cable ties.
- When you are ready to "arm" the system remove the safety pin from the activating
head. With pin removed pulling "T" handle will cause the system to fire. When you
are ready to "Disarm" the system replace the safety pin into the activating head.
With the pin in place the system will not fire when "T" handle is pulled.
- Locate (E) decal near "T" handle to determine location of fire extinguisher for
- Valve assemblies and/or remote cables must be kept clean and
lubricated to prevent corrosion and assure their proper function.
- Distribution tubing should be checked frequently to assure it
is clear and not obstructed with dirt or other foreign material.
- Check to see that cable is firmly tightened into valve body.
- CABLE ACTIVATED MODELS: With cable installed, arm the system by
removing safety pin. To activate the system, pull handle HARD! The
system will discharge continuously until the bottle is empty.
- PUSH MODELS: Remove safety pin located in plunger shaft. Strike black
activating knob HARD!
- For information please call 239-995-6300.
Important - Please Read
Retail customers are advised that automobile racing is a dangerous
sport and product are subject to failure when exposed to the high
stresses involved. Safety equipment is related directly to the
manner in which it is installed, used, and/or maintained. The user
assumes that risk. No warranty or representation is made as to the
product's ability to protect from serious injury or death, which may
result from circumstances beyond our control. This limited warranty
is in lieu of all other warranties, expressed or implied, and no
person or representative is authorized to assume for Safety Systems
Inc. any other liability in connection with the sale of Safety
Systems, Inc. products.
- Cable not supplied with push activated models.
- This system is designed to protect the driver, therefore
the nozzles should be located in the driver's area. If other
protection is needed you should have a separate system.
- IMPORTANT: NOZZLES: SHOULD BE LOCATED IN A POSITION THAT
WILL FLOOD THE DRIVERS COMPARTMENT WHEN DISCHARGED.